Halloween Holla 2023 event banner
The annual Halloween Holla 5k race will be on Homecoming weekend this year on Sunday, October 29th, 2023!
Brought to you by Campus Recreation and sponsored by: Division of Campus Services and Georgia Tech Police Department.
Date & Time: Sunday, October 29, race start at 9 a.m.
Location: Georgia Tech Campus Recreation - 750 Ferst Dr., Atlanta, GA 30332
Check-in: Begins at 7:45 a.m. at the Campus Recreation Center
Course Details: The race will follow the Pi Mile course on campus. This year the course will have official race course chip timing.
Please Note: GTPD will manage partial road closures. Please follow the directions of GTPD and course volunteers.
Eligibility: Students, faculty, staff, alumni, and family are welcome to participate in this event.
- GT Student- $25
- Non GT students- $35
- Event T-shirt: Event T-shirt (size and shirt guaranteed if registered by Thursday, September 21)
- T-shirt Pick Up: Participants who complete the 5k race can pick up their event T-shirt at the end of the race.
The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place man, woman, and open gender finishers will be awarded. Participants must be in the first wave to be eligible for prizes.
Campus Recreation staff will be photographing costumes day of for those that would like to be entered in the costume contest.
Campus Recreation staff will select the top 4 individual and group (no more than 4 individuals) costume contest entrants. Best costume will then be selected from finalists in a social media vote.
Race and Costume Prizes:
- Race day prizes TBD
- Trophies for best individual and group (2+ member) costumes
- Georgia Tech/CRC prize packs
Event Safety Guidelines
This event will follow CDC, state and local safety guidelines. Additionally, the CRC will have these guidelines in place:
- Directional signage will be on the 5k Pi-Mile course.
- There will not be any road closures along the course. All pedestrian laws must be followed. Watch out for traffic, especially if they have the right of way.
- Water will be available at the CRC. Hydration will not be available on the course.
We would like to stress the importance of caring for yourself and our community by taking preventative measures to limit the spread of illness – wash your hands frequently, avoid touching your face, cover your cough, and avoid exposure to people who are sick. We would like to also reiterate the message to stay home if you are experiencing symptoms of any illness including the common cold, flu, or cough.
Top Man 2022
1st Place - William Lusty, 16:07
2nd Place - Matthew Bishop, 16:07
3rd Place - Sean Rager, 16:17
Top Woman 2022
1st Place - Hannah Moore, 20:03
2nd Place - Theresa Bender, 20:35
3rd Place - Phoebe Ellison, 23:53