This 9-day Montana Wilderness Adventure is designed to be a metaphor for entering the difficult academic rigor of The Georgia Institute of Technology, as well as the new frontier of life on your own. This adventure will challenge you to do your best and ask you to look inward.
Participants can expect to gain insight on how to succeed and flourish in the wilderness and also at Georgia Tech.
This expedition is led by Georgia Tech's highly skilled Adventure Education Coordinator and an experienced student trip leader. You will take away more than just memories of this amazing experience; you will bring home life-long friendships!
This year's trip will include:
- Whitewater rafting
- Wildlife viewing
- Camping under the stars
Each day, a portion of our time will focus on an aspect of The Institute experience: Expectations, Fears, and Celebrations.
Trip Full Details
- Two Georgia Tech guides
- 8 nights lodging in tents
- All meals and snacks from Lunch on Day 1 through Breakfast on Day 9
- All ground transportation
- Whitewater rafting gear and equipment
- National Park entrance/permit fees
- Gratuities for raft contracted specialty guides
- Bear proof cans to store food during backpacking
- Group gear including tents, cookware, sleeping bag and sleeping pad
What is not included:
Roundtrip airfare from your hometown to Missoula, Montana
Items of a personal nature as required on the gear list
Other services not clearly noted above.
Things to consider:
Travel insurance - To protect your travel investment, we highly recommend the purchase of travel insurance.