This 9-day Montana Wilderness Adventure is designed to be a metaphor for entering the difficult academic rigor of The Georgia Institute of Technology, as well as the new frontier of life on your own. This adventure will challenge you to do your best and ask you to look inward.
Participants can expect to gain insight on how to succeed and flourish in the wilderness and also at Georgia Tech.
This expedition is led by Georgia Tech's highly skilled Adventure Education Coordinator and an experienced student trip leader. You will take away more than just memories of this amazing experience; you will bring home life-long friendships!
- 9 days
- 2 well trained and experienced Georgia Tech guides
- All meals and snacks included
- Tents, group camping gear, cooking, and safety gear
- All ground transportation - we will pick you and your luggage up at baggage claim.
- All park entrance fees
- A copy of all the pictures taken on the trip - all the pictures on this website were taken on past trips
- Backpack, sleeping bag, and sleeping pad are available to borrow for free.
What to Expect
This year's trip will include:
- Whitewater rafting
- Wildlife viewing
- Camping under the stars with fellow students
Each day, a portion of our time will focus on an aspect of The Institute experience:
Staff members and student guides will offer advice and information for success at Georgia Tech including:
- Effective student-professor interaction
- Utilization of Tech services
- Social strategies
- Incentives for campus wide interactions
Students will also explore concepts surrounding:
- Self confidence
- Self motivation
- Critical thinking
- Decision making