This 11-day Alaskan Adventure is designed to be a metaphor for entering the difficult academic rigor of The Georgia Institute of Technology, as well as the new frontier of life on your own. This adventure will challenge you to do your best and ask you to look inward.
Students will learn to navigate through the wilderness with GPS to discover hidden treasure left behind from last year's expedition. Participants can expect to gain insight on how to succeed and flourish in the wilderness and also at Georgia Tech.
This expedition is led by Georgia Tech's highly skilled Adventure Education Coordinator and an experienced student trip leader. From this amazing experience students will take away not only "treasures" but also memories and life-long friendships.
- 11 days
- 1 Professional Guide/Georgia Tech Staff
- 1 trained GT student trip leader
- All meals and snacks included
- Tents, group camping gear, cooking, and safety gear
- All whitewater rafting gear
- All ice climbing gear
- All ground transportation – we pick you and your luggage up at baggage claim.
- All park entrance fees
- Presented in partnership with FASET (Freshman Orientation Programs)
What to Expect
This year's trip will include:
- Glacier ice climbing
- Whitewater rafting
- Wildlife viewing
- Camping under the stars
Each day, a portion of our time will focus on an aspect of The Institute experience:
Staff members and student guides will offer advice and information for success at Georgia Tech including:
- Effective student-professor interaction
- Utilization of Tech services
- Social strategies
- Incentives for campus wide interactions
Students will also explore concepts surrounding:
- Self confidence
- Self motivation
- Critical thinking
- Decision making