This 11-day Alaskan Adventure is designed to be a metaphor for entering the difficult academic rigor of The Georgia Institute of Technology, as well as the new frontier of life on your own. This adventure will challenge you to do your best and ask you to look inward.
Students will learn to navigate through the wilderness with GPS to discover hidden treasure left behind from last year's expedition. Participants can expect to gain insight on how to succeed and flourish in the wilderness and also at Georgia Tech.
This expedition is led by Georgia Tech's highly skilled Adventure Education Coordinator and an experienced student trip leader. From this amazing experience students will take away not only "treasures" but also memories and life-long friendships.
This year's trip will include:
- Glacier ice climbing
- Whitewater rafting
- Wildlife viewing
- Camping under the stars
Each day, a portion of our time will focus on an aspect of The Institute experience: Expectations, Fears, and Celebrations.
Trip Full Details
- Georgia Tech Guides
- 9 nights lodging in tents
- All meals and snacks from Lunch/Dinner on Day 1 (depending on when you arrive) through a late Lunch on Day 11
- All ground transportation
- Denali National Park bus ticket
- Whitewater rafting gear and equipment
- Ice climbing gear and equipment
- Park entrance/permit fees
- Gratuities for raft and climbing contracted specialty guides
- Bear proof cans to store food during backpacking
- Group gear including tents, cookware, sleeping bag and sleeping pad (you can also bring your own if you would like – see packing list)
What is not included
- Roundtrip airfare from your hometown to Anchorage
- Items of a personal nature as required on the packing list
- Other services not clearly noted above
Things to consider
- Airline tickets – Click here for more information about the times/dates you should arrive and leave Anchorage (ANC).
- Travel insurance - To protect your travel investment, we highly recommend the purchase of travel insurance.
- What to pack - Click here for a gear list.