The Campus Recreation Complex (CRC) has vehicles available for rent by campus departments or those involved with the outdoor recreation or competitive sports program areas. Please review the policies, and follow the procedures prior to submitting a vehicle request.
Reservation requests not affiliated with the CRC require drivers to be full-time faculty or staff of Georgia Tech.
Be advised: Do not send separate emails for each document. We only authorize drivers who submit the Vehicle Request Form.
Step 1: Certifications
The Defensive Driving Class and/or Van Safety Class is provided by Georgia Tech Environmental Health & Safety Department (EH&S). This is an online class.
- There is one requirement to be eligible to drive Georgia Tech vehicles, not including vans: Defensive Driver Class (DDC);
- There are two requirements to be eligible to drive Georgia Tech vans:
- Defensive Driver Class (DDC)
- Van Safety Class
Faculty, staff, and students can now enroll themselves in the courses.
Select "Classes by Title" on the left.
Scroll down and select "15 Passenger Van Safety" or “Defensive Driving Online” (it will open in a new tab).
In the new tab, click "Van Safety" or “Defensive Driving”.
Click "Enroll Me".
Take the course.
Take the final test.
The certifications are valid for three years.
Step 2: DMV Points
For those with a Georgia driver's license, the Georgia DMV provides a free up-to-date report listing the total number of points (if any) on your license. Those with a non-Georgia license, please contact your respective state's DMV for the report.
This report is valid for one year.
Step 3: Georgia Tech Motor Pool PIN Number
A PIN number allows the driver to refill the CRC vehicle using gas cards, and is required to use a CRC vehicle. To receive your specific PIN number, all drivers must complete the following tutorials and complete the agreement form:
- Note: This form must be signed off by the driver's supervisor.
Copies of the above certificates and the signed copy of the Fuel Card Agreement form are to be mailed, faxed, or dropped off to Georgia Tech Fleet Services. They will NOT accept email. You will receive a document with your personal PIN number from Fleet Services.
Step 4: Submitting Documentation
All required documentation (DDC and/or Van Safety certificates, DMV Points, PIN number document) must be scanned and emailed to the Competitive Sports office at the CRC. Be sure to include all documents in one email.
A database of eligible drivers will be kept and maintained by the CRC. In addition to the above-required certifications, drivers must not have received the following within the previous three years (unless otherwise specified).
- Accumulated more than 10 points on his/her driving record;
- Received a citation (ticket or warning) while driving on Institution and/or USG business;
- Had an “at fault” motor vehicle accident within the previous six (6) months;
- Been convicted of one of the following offenses:
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI);
- Driving While Intoxicated;
- Leaving the scene of an accident;
- Refusal to take a chemical test for intoxication.