Please see below for a list of frequently asked questions regarding pool parties at the CRC.
Where do I park?
- The closest visitor parking to the CRC is across the street in Area 3 for all visitors to campus and those who do not have a Georgia Tech parking permit.
- Depending on the time of day, the day of the week/weekend and whether there is an event taking place at the CRC or close by on campus, parking rates vary (Check Georgia Tech Parking & Transporation).
- To confirm if there will be a charge for parking on the day of your request, please contact the Parking Office at 404-894-9645.
- The CRC parking deck adjacent to the CRC is available for those with Georgia Tech permits per Georgia Tech Parking Policies. The deck is not open for general use unless there is an event (which we will have a charge).
- During an event there will be parking signs directing visitors to the appropriate lot to avoid being ticketed.
Where do I gain access to the facility?
- When entering the CRC go to access control, the second desk in the main corridor (where the turnstiles are located), and tell the employee the name of the person having the party or the special occasion party. They will allow you and your guests through the turnstiles.
- The event is listed by name on the daily activity schedule so the desk staff can confirm the party if there are any questions. All guests (children and adults) will be given a wrist band to wear during the party by a lifeguard in the Crawford Pool to verify they are with the party.
Can I come early to set up and decorate the room?
- Up to 30 minutes is allowed to come early and decorate the room, provided there are not back-to-back parties scheduled.
- We ask you use painters tape when taping anything to the walls and windows.
- There are 8-12 tables per room with between 35-45 chairs in the classrooms that can be arranged however you would like to set-up the room. More can be brought in by the lifeguards if needed and identified ahead of time.
Do you provide toys?
We have floats, a log roll, inner tubes, noodles, and random pool toys available to play with. For safety reasons, we do not allow any hard balls or large inflatable type floats that might block the view of the lifeguards to the bottom of the pool.
Do you provide life jackets?
- We have Coast Guard approved youth-sized life jackets available for free at the pool; however, children cannot ride the slide while wearing the jacket.
- All non-swimmers must be within arms reach of a parent/guardian in the pool, whether wearing a life jacket or not.
What is the height requirement to ride the slide?
There is a minimum height requirement to ride the slide of 48"; if the child does not meet this requirement, one of the lifeguards can conduct a swim test to see if (s)he can swim well enough on their own to ride the slide. The swim test is approximately 25-30' - the distance to the exit point of the catch pool when you come off of the slide.
Do you have towel service?
- Guests should bring their own towels. Guests of the CRC do not have the ability to check out towels unless they have a BuzzCard.
- Those who are members can check out towels as they normally would when using the facility.
What about food for the party?
- We do not allow any food on the pool deck during parties, so everything will need to be eaten in a classroom, on the patio or in the cafe on the main level of the CRC.
- You can bring in your own food and drink; the CRC does not provide any for party requests.
- If you order food to be delivered to the CRC, please let the lifeguards know so they can communicate via radio to the Member Service desk. All deliveries are brought there and the Member Service desk will radio the pool when the food has arrived.
Do I need to sign a waiver?
- Everyone who is not a current member of the CRC must complete a waiver, both child and adult. The waiver can be found here.
- Please have everyone complete this and then collect them and turn them in on the day of the pool party. Please then give them to the Head Guard (gold shirt) in the Crawford Pool.
When is payment due?
- Payment should be made at the Member Services desk on the day of the party or earlier.
- Please present the confirmation page with the payment information to the employee at the desk. You can pay by check (written out to Georgia Tech) or credit card. Cash is not accepted.
Are the locker rooms and lockers accessible?
- The main locker rooms are adjacent to the Crawford Pool and lead to the pool deck through the shower section. All locker rooms are equipped with showers, toilets, sinks, changing area and day lockers.
- There are also two family changing rooms that exit on to the pool deck, complete with shower, changing area, toilet and sink.
- Please do not leave your belongings in the locker rooms or family changing rooms. There are day lockers available for free if you bring your own padlock.
- All your belongings can also be brought on deck and put on shelves inside the pool area.
What are the chaperone requirements?
- Lifeguards are provided according to the number of participants and activities scheduled; however, chaperones for all parties are necessary.
- We do not have specific ratio of children to adults, but encourage the host to ensure an adequate number of adults will be attending the party based on the age of the children and their swimming abilities.
- Chaperones do not count towards the headcount of the party.
What is the swimming attire?
- Proper swimming attire is required for all guests planning to get into the pool.
- It is permissible to be on deck in street clothes; however keep in mind that the deck will be wet, so appropriate non-skid shoes should be worn or no shoes at all.
Are tables and chairs available?
- There are tables and chairs inside the Crawford pool for those not getting in the pool and lounge chairs on the outdoor patio.
- These are not reserved, but are available on a first-come, first-served basis.